When electricians wire houses for electrical energy, they must ground the system, to protect it from improper flow of energy. When we are channeling energy through our bodies, we must also ground for the best results. However, unlike electrical grounding, for us grounding means that we are connected to the earth and energy comes from the ground.
How do you ground? There are many different ways to ground, all with the end result of you feeling connected to the earth. You can use earth energy for balancing and healing, like Reiki energy; you can channel earth energy into people, plants, animals, and the planet itself. The more you practice grounding and channeling energy, the easier it will become and the more effective a channel you will become.
The following exercise is good for practicing channeling earth energy, both for grounding you and helping to heal our planet. When we channel energy up from the planet, through us, and back into the planet, we are sending the earth a transformed and healing energy, different from what she offers us.
1. Stand firmly with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent.
2. Relax and breathe, and be aware of your feet on the floor and your legs holding you up.
3. Be aware of your feet. Imagine that your feet are sinking through the floor into the earth below. Plant your feet in the earth.
4. Imagine that you are a tree, growing roots down into the earth from your feet. Let the roots sink deep into the earth, through the layers of soil and rock, into the hot, vibrant, molten center. Once your roots reach the center of the earth, imagine that you can attach an anchor to them, an anchor that allows you to move freely, but one that keeps you connected to the earth.
5. You may want to re-connect your ground every 45 to 60 seconds.
The above exercise will ground you. If you then wish to channel this earth energy continue as follows:
6. Feel your spine and root open to the energy of the earth, and like the roots of a tree; allow the energy of the earth to flow up into your spine effortlessly and easily. You may want to imagine energy flowing into you with each in-breath.
7. Allow the energy to move all the way up your spine, filling your entire body and flowing out the top of your head.
8. Allow the energy to fill your chest and heart, and to move down your arms and out your hands, as if your arms and hands are a hose through which the energy flows.
9. Once you feel the energy flowing up your spine and out your arms and hands, place your hands flat on the floor and channel the energy back into the earth, knowing that this energy is nurturing and healing our planet.
10. You may wish to reconnect to the earth every 15 to 60 seconds to keep the energy flowing.
One way to maintain your grounding is to be aware of the bottoms of your feet, particularly of the beginning of the kidney meridian (located just beyond the ball of your foot at the beginning of the arch, in a line from the base of the second toe).
INTEND THAT YOU BE GROUNDED
VISUALIZE ROOTS OR A CORD RUNNING TO THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH FROM YOUR FEET
PUT YOUR TONGUE ON THE SOFT PALATE JUST BEHIND YOUR TEETH
DRAW THE REIKI POWER SYMBOL ON YOUR FEET, YOUR SACRAL/HARA & THE PALMS OF YOUR HANDS
PLACE THE PALMS ON YOUR HARA & CONCENTRATE WITH DEEP BREATHS ON THAT AREA FOR A FEW MINUTES, BRING YOUR AWARENESS INTO YOUR SACRAL AND CALM IS RESTORED
Discover the transformative power of grounding with earth energy through Reiki. Learn how to channel healing energy and restore balance with ease.